Thursday, February 17, 2011

Key Lime Yogurt Pie

I have a confession. I have a sweet tooth. It seems I always have to end my meal/day with a sweet treat. However, if I indulged in what I really crave – chocolate, cookies and brownies – every day, I’d be 15 lbs. heavier. Lucky for me (and you), I found the perfect low-calorie dessert – Key Lime Yogurt Pie. Not too sweet but a little tart and tangy, this dessert definitely assuages my sweet tooth craving. And to top it off, it has less than 200 calories per serving!

Key Lime Yogurt Pie

Ingredients
2 tablespoons cold water
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 ½ teaspoons unflavored gelatin
4 oz (half of 8 oz package) fat-free cream cheese
3 containers (6 oz) each) Yoplait Light Thick & Creamy Key Lim pie Yogurt
½ cup frozen (thawed) reduced-fat whipped topping
2 teaspoons grated lime peel
1 reduced-fat graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz)

Directions
In 1-quart saucepan, mix water and lime juice. Sprinkle gelatin on lime juice mixture; let stand 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved. Cool slightly, about 2 minutes.

In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add yogurt and lime juice mixture; beat on low speed until well blended.

Fold in whipped topping and lime peel. Pour into crust. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment