Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pineapple Salsa

I love pineapple salsa. Sweet, colorful and refreshing, it’s the perfect accompaniment during the summer. Put it on chips, fish tacos, pork or chicken. The possibilities are endless. Make sure you use fresh pineapple for best results.

If you are looking for a new salsa to try this summer, make a bowl of this fresh pineapple salsa. I know I’ll be making this salsa all summer long – as long as my tongue allows me to eat it.

Pineapple Salsa
Makes about 2 ½ cups

Ingredients
2 cups diced fresh pineapple
1 cup diced red pepper
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
3 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper, stemmed and seeded
1 clove garlic, minced
Juice of 1 large lime
Salt, to taste

Directions
In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, red pepper, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, garlic, and lime juice. Stir until well combined. Season with salt, to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment