Monday, August 23, 2010

Grilled Herb Shrimp

My oldest daughter loves shrimp and I am constantly looking for new recipes as I know she can’t live on shrimp scampi alone (although I am sure she would disagree with that). This is one of the easiest, tastiest shrimp recipes. Serve with warm, crusty bread to soak up the sauce and it will disappear within minutes of bring served. Mark my words.

Grilled Herb Shrimp
Serves 6

Ingredients
2 pounds large shrimp (16 to 20 per pound), peeled and deveined (see note)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium yellow onion, small-diced
¼ cup minced fresh parsley
¼ cup minced fresh basil
1 teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup good olive oil
1 lemon, juiced

Directions
Combine all the ingredients and allow them to marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.

Skewer the shrimp. I use 3 or 4 shrimp on a 12-inch skewer for dinner. Heat a grill with coals and brush the grill with oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking. Grill the shrimp for only 1 1/2 minutes on each side.

Note: I leave the tails on when I'm peeling the shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment