Monday, January 10, 2011

Shoyu Chicken

Try as I might I have yet to find a good Hawaiian/local place here that serves an awesome shoyu chicken much like Rainbow Drive-In. Its times like these I really miss home. Luckily for me, I have the perfect recipe and it’s easy and delicious! And it will curb any local food cravings to boot! Serve with rice and corn for a satisfying local dinner. Don’t forget to pour the sauce all over the rice – it's so ono (Hawaiian for delicious)!

Shoyu Chicken
Serves 12

Ingredients
12 lbs. chicken thighs
Sauce:
2-1/2 cups sugar
3-1/4 cups shoyu
3/4~1 cup vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
6 dashes Worcestershire sauce
3~4 cloves garlic, crushed
3"~ 5" piece ginger, crushed

Directions
Wash, drain chicken, combine Sauce ingredients. Combine chicken & Sauce in pot, bring to boil, cook until chicken is tender, 30~40 min., stirring occasionally to coat chicken w/ Sauce. Skim oil, thicken w/ cornstarch, and bring to boil again.

No comments:

Post a Comment