Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mango Almond Parfait

I’m on a mango kick. One of my fondest childhood memories is picking and eating the mangos from my great grandma’s tree – the juices running down my chin. Fresh, sweet and juicy, mangos are one of my favorite fruits. So, I’m ecstatic when I can find them in the market. This recipe is simple and sweet. And that’s all you need to know.

Mango Almond Parfait
Makes 4 parfaits

Ingredients
3 mangoes, peeled, halved, pitted, diced
1 12-ounce container fresh yogurt
1 cup sliced almond
1 cup crushed graham crackers crumbs

Directions
In a parfait glass layer a tablespoon of yogurt, followed by diced mango, layer a spoonful of crumbs and then another tablespoon of yogurt topped with a teaspoon of sliced almonds. Continue alternating layers of mango, crumbs and almonds with the yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment