Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff

Stroganoff, a once only weekend special, can now be served weeknights thanks to slow cooking. I love the fact that I can throw everything in a pot and come home to the wonderful smell of dinner when I get home. Now I can concentrate on my kids’ homework assignments and read them a story before dinner.

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Serves 8

Ingredients
2 pounds beef stew meat
2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 package fresh sliced mushrooms
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
6 cups hot cooked noodles or rice

Directions
In 3 ½ to 4 ½ quart slow cooker, mix beef, seasonings, soups and mushrooms.

Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or until beef is very tender.

Stir sour cream into beef mixture until melted. Serve over noodles or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment